Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Moment of Destiny??

Today I had one of the more peculiar and incredible experiences of my life.  On a journey that had begun over a month ago, I was trying to find out more about the Ba hai faith, a religion that my brother in law is a believer in.  For the holidays I wanted to make a donation in his name but I was surprised to learn that they only accept donations from Ba hai members.  I had also been given a list of books he wanted for Christmas , so I inquired.  I was directed to a distribution center in Scarborough, Ontario where I met a delightfully pleasant woman by the name of Soosan.  After briefly explaining what I was doing there she quickly helped me find what I was looking for.  As she was preparing my invoice we started chatting and before I knew it she stood up, removed her glasses, and stared me dead in the eyes.  With the softest smile and voice she said, "I have a lot of intuition, and may I just tell you that you are someone special?"  Obviously I was a little stunned and taken back, but I thanked her and asked her what she meant.  "You have special purpose here and you are going to achieve everything!"  I must have been pale as a ghost at this point because I couldn't help but think how random and crazy this was, yet at the same time it felt so normal and right.  She told me I had been touched by god and before I went to leave, with a tear in her eye, she asked me if she could hug me.  Flattered, I told her "of course you can, if more people hugged randomly like this we'd all be in a better place!"  With that she thanked me for coming in, smiled and we said goodbye.  I walked out feeling like I was on top of the world and for whatever its worth, Soosan, if you read this, thank you very much for your kind words, if nothing else they have provided me with even more motivation to complete my quest!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I know what you mean because Soosan is indeed a lovely woman and I am proud to say she is my sister -in-law. (She forwarded me your blog post.) Best wishes for your successful quest.

    ReplyDelete