Monday, October 3, 2011

Quick thought

As I headed to my weekly therapy session with my father something dawned on me and I wanted your opinions. I started to analyze many of the relationships I have with family members and friends, and it became clear how often someone else's opinion of that person could ultimately lead to me judging them based on nothing but others words. The question I ask is simple, if you had someone that you were not particularly a fan of, would you tell someone else that didnt know that individual how you feel about them? Should you tell them that guy is an ass, or should you mention that the 2 of you have struggled to see eye to eye, or that you don't share many things in common? Which do you think would be more appropriate and hopefully lead to less judgement. The point I make is this, maybe if we all tried to not hold everyone so accountable for every action they make, we may just have a more understanding society. Imagine where that could lead!? Please share your thoughts or experiences in this matter.

1 comment:

  1. If the person does not know the individual about which you will be speaking, then there is no impact on anything - unless there is a chance that the two will ultimately meet.
    Given that situation, the person learning about an individual he is not familiar with may very well draw conclusions, but so what? Other than the impact on the Universal Cloud, no harm, no foul.
    And frankly, this question (and any answer) has little or nothing to do with you final point, which while intriguing, is unconnected.

    ReplyDelete