Friday, February 10, 2012

My Apologies

I wanted to take a moment and apologize for the lack of entries to my blog lately.  I have been extremely busy being a stay at home dad, setting up 3 programs for at-risk youth at 3 different youth organizations, continuing my writing, preparing submissions for an upcoming writing contest, and trying to be a good partner to my wife.  I know its not a good excuse, but it is honest.

I will blog again later today or tomorrow morning, but through twitter I have been meeting some incredible people.  One person specifically is Sue Scheff, and I wanted to share a blog post of hers from Feb. 3/2012 as I found it to be exceptional.

http://suescheffblog.com/2012/02/teen-angry-reasons-it-can-escalate/

Please leave comments and let me know your thoughts.  We have to continue striving to spread awareness about the at-risk youth phenomenon.  I have one main question that I'd like you to think about and comment on. I want to say that a child brought up around violence and other horrors, but has received constant guidance, and explanations for the world that they are in, will not be nearly as at-risk as an individual who was raised in the same environment, but received no support or guidance.  What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment