Thursday, August 18, 2011

Topic for Discussion part 2

After some of the comments and an overwhelming response on a personal level, I wanted to start by thanking everyone for contributing and supporting what I think is a very important subject.  I also wanted to agree with the majority and explain that when I asked which scenario was worse, it was more so an attempt to get every ones attention, which appears to have worked.  I know there is never a winner in anything negative, but I just wanted to show 3 different scenarios, how these individuals feel now, and how society views the scenario's differently.  As I stated, I found it interesting that all 3 participants agreed that the kid coming from money gets almost zero attention or understanding from society because unfortunately the majority believe money is the end all be all, and if you have it there should be no explanation for this kind of behaviour. Guess what, bad people can make lots of money too! 

We can all get lost sometimes, and we can all make mistakes, the most important part of my message is that we should try harder to prevent these scenario's from happening, and at such an alarming rate.  There is no rule book that says you can't make many mistakes, it's all about what we do once we've realized that we made one.  Learning from a mistake is one of the best parts of life, and its one of the most important aspects of growth.  What I am trying to say is we shouldn't write so many people off, and so quickly, especially not children!  Some people take longer than others to develop, it doesn't make them rejects.  A little more understanding and patience could take us a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment