Thursday, May 12, 2011

Food for thought

Firstly I wanted to thank everyone for their support, it is greatly appreciated, and hopefully it continues.  Please take the time to sign up, comment, and follow the blog as there is definitely strength in numbers.  All of you will not be forgotten for your efforts! 

I wanted to first speak about a phenomenon I am struggling to wrap my head around.  Many people who have read excerpts have many positive things to say, unfortunately my family has not been as supportive with the exception of a few individuals. I wonder if I am alone when I try to rationalize why my own family wouldn't be in a position to offer more. Rather than get in to a long analysis, I prefer to look at it this way. If I have difficulty getting my own family to sign up, comment on blogs, or pass it on to friends, how could I expect to get Joe Schmo to do any of those things? These things I just listed go hand in hand with a major premise of my book, "The 3 D's". The 3 D's are Doubt, Distraction, and Deception! These are 3 things that are major roadblocks for anyone to overcome when we set our minds to something, or we want to achieve something that the majority of people believe is unattainable or impossible. To this I will only state the following; If YOU have goals, and dreams, regardless of what they are, the 3 D's will rear their ugly heads as often as possible, and it is your responsibility to IGNORE them! Doubt, Deception, and Distractions are major hurdles, and they are always there.  You will receive doubt from almost everyone you tell your idea to, you will also receive deception from these same individuals because the fact that they themselves have never attempted to achieve greatness makes it extremely difficult for them to believe anyone else could, and lastly distractions, these will come from everywhere and everyone, and these distractions coupled by the first two will make it appear almost impossible.  You have been dealing with the 3 D's for probably the majority of your life, and you may not have even realized the impact they have.  It's time to look at the 3 D's for what they are, WORDS!!  I will not be affected or deterred by words, or negativity, or a lack in belief from anyone.  We alone have the power to achieve anything and everything we want, do you think singers like American Idol's Susan Boyle faced a lot of support as she tried to become a singer, doubtful!  How many people do you think told Danny Devito that an acting career was definitely in the cards for him.  Lastly, what about Spud Webb, Earl Boykins and Mugsy Bogues, three individuals that were 5 foot 7, 5 foot 5, and 5 foot 3 respectively, and they all made it to the NBA, do you think they had to overcome the 3 D's?  Not to mention the first 2 guys on that list can slam dunk!  Hopefully the message I make is clear!  Be determined, and don't let anyone or anything get in your way, because at the end of the day if you are only trying to accomplish positivity, eventually with perseverance, you'll get there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment