Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Thoughts

As the buzz of The Mother's Day weekend comes to an end, I wanted to share some thoughts.  I hope everyone that is a Mother, or, has a mother, can truly appreciate how lucky and blessed you truly are.  For there are many of us out here who no longer have that luxury and instead of the tremendous joy this day typically brings, for us it's a tad different.  The last 5 years since my mother passed I have all but ignored this day.  It's not that I don't want to remember the good times, or celebrate her life, it's more a reflection of how I find it uncomfortable when there is such emphasis put on this day, it becomes overwhelming.  A mother is an incredible person, unmatched even, and anyone who has dealt with the loss of theirs, knows all to well that you don't and shouldn't need one special day of the year to celebrate these wonderful individuals.  I for one wish that everyday I could call my mom and tell her I love her.  I wish that just once my 4 year old son could see the grandmother he's never met, and lastly, everytime I see family celebrations or weddings, I wish my mother was still here for that.  So my message should hopefully be clear, but if you are one of the fortunate one's who still got to celebrate this weekend, please don't forget how lucky you are, and how important she is.  Let's make everyday Mother's Day, and Father's Day, and children's day.  For the more that we celebrate eachother, and the more that we appreciate their company and efforts, the better off we will all be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment