Monday, June 27, 2011

Magical Connections

I wanted to switch gears for a moment and comment on an amazing connection I had this weekend with a couple I had never met before. I knew I was in for a great weekend regardless because I had reconnected with my best friend from the time I was 4 until he moved away around the time I was 15, and our parents lost touch. The world works in mysterious ways sometimes, and if you pay close enough attention and start to trust your intuition, you may just find that the Universe sends you signs all the time, usually we miss them. Around the time my mother died was just when my buddy re-appeared, almost from nowhere. It was as if he was sent/drawn back to me, in order to help me during the tough time, and eventually he became one of my biggest supporters and inspirations for writing the book. He even helped save me from losing my family, and for that I am eternally grateful, and I hope I can repay the favour some day. Back to our weekend retreat to his family cottage deep in the wilderness sitting on a beautiful lake. The type of place where you are completely isolated, and taken away from all your worries. No cable, no Internet, just peace. We were having an incredible time bonding and getting to know the parts of each others lives that we had missed. That evening a friend and his wife joined us for a few drinks, and I was instantly drawn to both of these individuals. I can hardly describe the feeling other than it seemed like I had known them forever. As we started to talk, the connections were incredible, and when I explained to them my visions as a child, and the premonition of my mother dying, and the moment she came to me and was inspirational in my writing the book. They responded to me with stories of having connected with a best friend who had passed away, and it sent chills up my spine.  Before the woman could tell me the details of her friends demise, I stopped her because I instantly saw in my head exactly what had happened.  I asked her if she minded if I shared something with her and she immediately obliged.  I told her that her friend would never want her to remember her that way, she would only want her to remember her from all the good times they had.  I also explained that the reason her dead friend had come to see her once in a dream, was to tell her that she was okay, and she wanted her to move on.  The last thing I told her was that her friend was now her young daughters spirit guide, who at the age of 1 and a 1/2 pointed to a picture of this friend, and told her mom that the girl in the photo was "broken", and she identified her by name!  My new friends explained that they had never shown a picture or spoken to their daughter about this friend.  As the evening drew to a close I reminded them to stay focused on their goals, and to write out a list of everything they wanted to achieve together, and to stick it on their bathroom mirror so they could see it everyday.  I believe if any of us follow this routine, you may be surprised at the outcome if you focus on making that list a reality.  When all was said and done, I am convinced that this whole weekend that just passed was one of those moments the Universe throws at you.  I very easily could have passed on the trip to the cottage, and who knows how close I really came to not going, but I know that I am glad I did!  The experiences I had were unbelievable, and they will continue to push me in the direction I am heading.  I urge all of you to take the time and try to remember any moments such as the one's I have described, and maybe we will start to see that it's not so magical after all, and certain things are just meant to be!

5 comments:

  1. your writing is very intuitive and touching - cuts to the heart, man. treasure the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touched by your words. Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your comments, they are much appreciated. Makes it all worth while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow ......... i am glad someone told me this is a must read blog ......... keep it up

    ReplyDelete