Friday, June 10, 2011

Thoughts for today

I wanted to start by thanking my first guest blogger. It is very brave and special of you to share your experiences and deepest feelings with the Internet community. I am truly looking forward to the next 2 posts for the month of June, and I'm also excited for the next guest blogger to join us for July. I want to continue to ask each and everyone to reach out to us and contribute to the movement. The more voices we have, the greater the opportunities for us to do special things and make a difference with people who are currently struggling with any type of issue. On a personal note, I find myself pondering the thought of redemption. I know it's possible with celebrities, politicians, and athletes, but its not as easy in the real word. Have you ever noticed that? Michael Vick, he has redeemed himself, and he even won comeback player of the year in the NFL, Martha Stewart & Robert Downey Jr they have both been forgiven and are even more successful now! I have not had the same good fortune thus far, but I'm hoping through my writing and my goals, I will achieve redemption. For me it seems that everyone still views me as a criminal, or trouble maker, or a dreamer, and that I could never really be taken seriously until I achieve a certain level of success on my own, then maybe people can look at me and say, "finally, he's done it!". But unfortunately for me I feel like I have been doing it for years, and really it hasn't gotten me very far. The problem was I put the emphasis on insignificant things as opposed to self accomplishment and growth. I have been redeeming myself for almost 10 years, I only began to realize it less than a year ago! Think about that one for next time, because maybe its the way you view yourself that's holding you back, and not the views of others!

No comments:

Post a Comment