Monday, June 20, 2011

Vancouver Riots, Part 2

I wanted to say how excited and overjoyed I was when I received a lot of response, personally, about my first blog about the Vancouver Riots, and even more so when I witnessed the incredible rising of the true Vancouver citizens who took their city back within 12 hours of the pathetic display of a few misguided, and probably drunk rebel morons, combined with the "herd mentality"!!  How great it is to see that the people stood up and said, "This is not okay, this is not the way we live or represent ourselves, so we will do the only thing we can, fix it!"  I was reminded of my time spent in Israel, and one of the aspects of the Jewish people in Israel that we hardly hear about, via our North American media outlets, which is that immediately after a suicide bombing, the residents do everything they can, and as quick as they can to resume life the way it was previously.  For example, if a cafe in Jerusalem was the scene of a suicide bombing, they would clean up the streets, and do everything in their power to be sitting and drinking coffee in that same establishment by the end of the day if possible!  When I inquired about this it was explained to me rather simply; "We must do everything in our power to show these animals and terrorists that no matter what they do to kill our people, they will never kill our pride and we must make them see that life goes on, and as quickly as possible."  "To make it seem as if nothing had ever happened."  Sounds to me like ignoring the kid who picks on you and eventually he will find someone else to bother!?  Please continue to speak out and please continue to strive to make your world a better place to live.  Then and only then will you truly feel euphoric.

No comments:

Post a Comment