Sunday, July 1, 2012

A little bit of "Spooky" magic!

This past week has been chalked full of some very strange occurrences in my life and the lives of people connected to me, and so I decided to blog about the effect it has had on me.

In keeping with one of my main themes, I truly believe that we are all connected, and this Universe is a vast and wondrous thing that we truly know so little about. In an attempt to increase your personal level of consciousness, I want to ask you if you can clearly pinpoint events in your life that were so strange, so erie, so out of nowhere, so spooky, that something or someone else had to be involved? Perhaps a little magic?

I believe that the more we start paying attention to moments such as these, and the more we can allow ourselves to be open to the idea that our world sends us signs and signals everyday, the better our worlds will truly be. For the past year and a half I have gone out of my way to be a student again, a student of life. I am re-learning how to "smell the roses"or take in a beautiful sunset. Because this time around they have new and even more special meaning. I spent so many years forgetting to stop and smell the roses that it became a distant memory. I was living life like a robot and I had forgotten how important it is to live!

As I eluded to earlier, this past week has been a roller coaster of emotions and happenings, and I am fortunate that I have been practicing living again or else I probably wouldn't have been able to take it all in stride. The amazing part is that out of nowhere and through a very strange medium, I have met an incredible individual. It's truly spooky where this person came from, and how they reached out to me. But the truly amazing part is how when I ignored all my fears, and stopped listening to negative voices, I was able to reach back. I am so glad that I did. I have met a kindred spirit from half way across the world. The connection is so real, the communication is effortless, and the feeling I have inside is truly hard to describe. I'm basically giddy like a little school boy again.

I have been thinking about it a lot lately, how it all came together, and when I lay out all the events in a timeline, so to speak, it is pretty unreal how many signs I picked up on and decided to investigate which led me to here! Even as the majority of my being tried to dissuade me, and my anxious mind started coming up with negative expectations, I decided to power through and ignore my feeble mind. Especially with age we lose our ability to "dive in" to things, everything becomes calculated and analyzed to the point of insanity. You know what I'm talking about, you meet someone, and before you even give it a chance to get somewhere you tell yourself all the reasons why it won't work, thus stopping you from even pursuing the beginning. Its ridiculous and something I have been guilty of for so long.

I'm glad that I continue to do the opposite these days because it has brought me so much positivity it's hard to fathom. My latest spooky and magical experience has only reminded me how incredible life can truly be when we start to just throw caution into the wind, and believe a little in the power of this awesome universe.

Maybe you can share some of your magical moments with me, I'd really like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment